Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Measure Twice

A few years ago I received these great measuring spoons in my stocking at Christmas. I really wanted them because they were the same ones that Giada DeLaurentis used on her show. They were so simple with their blue rims and porcelain material. However, I have now managed to break two sets of these and I'm thinking the porcelain just isn't the way to go. So now I'm on a quest to find the best measuring spoons available. Option #1I love this option since it's nice and compact. It offers all the measurements in one slide of the adjuster. However it doesn't always fit in small jars. I'm sort of cheating here though, since my dear friend Jessica sent this to me a few years ago and I absolutely love it. I've also found that since I bake alot that I need more than one set. Option #2 I love how adorable these are! Though not for me due to the porcelain material, I've learned my lesson. They also don't seem very practical as they take up alot of space. Option #3 This seemed like a good set, inexpensive, stackable, and some cute colors. But I had these previously and after a few washes the measurements peeled off. Onto another option. Option #4 I love the bright colors of these, but don't like that there's only four measurements. And the winner!! I finally settled on these from Crate and Barrel. They're inexpensive: $7.95. They have double sides so you don't have to clean them between measurements, and one side is oval to fit into small jars. They also rest flat on the counter. And the best feature, they are magnetic and stack together. Forget those annoying rings.

No comments: