Monday, February 9, 2009

A Much Needed Gift

Often times being a nurse is a very thankless job. Sure patients are pleasant most of the time, but they never really get that you're trying your hardest to keep everything straight, not screw up, please doctors, get on to the next patient quickly without them noticing, and try to give them the very best care possible. So today after a very busy week last week, a patient just made my day. She's now pregnant and just to come by and say thank you she brought me a thank you card, some chocolate, and a small gift. These small gestures make me remember that I am making a difference, even when most days I don't feel like it. So if you're ever a patient and you feel like a nurse is doing a good job, let them know, you have no idea how good it makes us feel.

2 comments:

Abs said...

It's moments like that that make what we do worthwhile. It's nice to be recognized once in a while for all the hard work and dedication we nurses do - and all the crap we put up with!! Nice blog, btw - fun to read through..I just found it on your FB info. Abbey (Haskins)

Anonymous said...

Speaking of you being a nurse... Do you know much about ovarian cysts? I have one, and wanted some info. According to Google, I'm just going to die, but I don't think that's very reliable. :)