Thursday, October 4, 2007

New things again

So life here has been full of ups and downs. Most of you know that I have not really enjoyed my job and I think working nights has made me a crazy person. Seriously, how normal is it that I felt like crying every time I walked into that hospital? So, thank God, I have a new job!!! This job will actually take me away from the bedside, which will be weird and exciting, but from what I hear, all hospitals here are understaffed and I really would like to keep my nursing license. The job is at a company called Matria, which provides home care to high risk ob patients, but I would be at their call center doing case management and telephone triage. The hours aren't perfect (2:30pm - 11pm M-F), but I don't have to work any weekends or holidays. But this will give Chris time to get homework done at night. Ahhh homework, something I really don't miss, but now my hubby gets to do. He started school on monday, and I think it will be really fun and really challenging. They actually told him in orientation that they can't write anything bad about the school on their blog (I think that's funny and sad that they've had problems with it.) So far he is really enjoying it, but he has a class called natural light, and his assignment is to take pictures every day at sunrise and sunset. So it's pretty funny, when we're stuck in Atlanta traffic at sunset and he's taking pictures out of the car window. It's weird to have to plan going out to dinner around sunset. But it seems so far that this term will be great. Oh, and by the way, now we have to find a new place to live, because the travel company has been paying our rent, and we have two weeks to find a new place. We're going to move closer to the school, making Chris' commute almost nothing and mine only about 10 miles, so that won't be too bad. Anyways, that's about it. I have to get ready for work. Only 6 more shifts to complete...unless I go to work today and they tell me to leave. I left my notice under my managers door last night. And a note to Annie: I'm glad you like my cards. I want to do a workshop, but I don't know enough people here yet.

No comments: