Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Currently Reading

Okay, so I know the cover is a little cheesy, but this book was recommended to me by my boss and it sounded so good. The book is about a family whose daughter is diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia and they go through the process of PGD (preimplantation genetic diagnosis) to use IVF (invitro fertilization) to choose an embryo that is a match for their daughter. That way the child they have can be a donor for it's sibling. Because I work it infertility, naturally it intersted me, but I haven't been able to put the book down. The author does a fantastic job telling the story from each person's perspective, so that the reader can form his or her own opinion...sorry Regan I haven't started Time Travelers Wife yet, that's next.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm currently reading The Shack, which I got for Christmas.