Thursday, May 7, 2009

Just Finished

Sacred Influence by Gary Thomas. Chris and I read his book Sacred Marriage before we were married and thought it was very good. I also thought this book was very good. There were some topics that didn't apply to me, but it truly has challenged me to remember that I need to put God first in my life. It has also reminded me how to be a supportive wife and to look for ways to serve Chris-something that isn't always easy on days I'm left at home because he's at school working. I can't speak to the biblical accurateness of the book - that's not one of my strengths. Something that does drive me crazy is when authors use one line of scripture to prove a point, which he does do in this book. So if any of you Bible scholars have read this and would like to chime in...I welcome your comments.

No comments: