Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sharing My Favorite

Most of you know that I enjoy cooking and baking. I love trying new recipes and am very thankful that I have a husband who doesn't mind being a guinea pig and who also shares his honest opinion. We have a rating system of don't make again/make again. If the recipe is just okay we'll never make it again. It has to be amazing and most times stand up to leftovers to be written down and kept in the recipe file. Most of you also know that I loooooooove cookbooks. It's a slight obsession of mine. My boss welcomed me to America's Test Kitchen. I now receive two different magazines in the mail: Cooks Country and Cooks Illustrated. I don't know how they all fit together but I think the same people produce all the different things. Anyways the magazines are fantastic. They pick a recipe to make and then make it hundreds of time, changing out tiny things to get it perfect. Their magazine isn't very fancy, in fact there's a lot of drawings, but reading the articles to figure out how they made something is very cool. Alot like Alton Brown. Check it out sometime.

No comments: