Monday, May 25, 2009

Quite the Weekend

I have two days left of my vacation from work and already I'm sad to go back. I really like my job, but honestly if I never had to work another day in my life I wouldn't complain. Here's a brief recap of our weekend. On Saturday morning we go to sleep in together (a rarity) and then we went and had breakfast at the West Egg Cafe. I had amazing eggs benedict, which always grosses Chris out because he doesn't like runny eggs. The West Egg Cafe is in this up and coming area of Atlanta with cute little shops, restaurants, and condos. We then perused Room and Board my new favorite furniture store. Chris let me cross the street to go look at the animals at the Humane Society, which is a weird obsession of mine. While we were there we learned they are having a volunteer orientation this week and we're going to attend so we can be volunteers. After our breakfast adventure we decided to take the Marta (public transportation) to Decatur, GA and walk around the Arts Festival. The only problem: this is what the weather was like: We're Oregonians, right? A little rain never hurt anyone. Lucky for us, the rain was done by the time we were off the train. After shopping for art we can't afford we headed back on the train and stopped at Borders for some coffee and book/magazine reading...another favorite activity of mine since it's free!!! We topped the day off watching Slumdog Millionaire and eating our kettle corn from the Art Festival. Sunday began in it's usual fashion where we had breakfast at the Corner Bakery, which is in the same parking lot as our church, followed by church and a fun lunch with friends. Then Jenny and Ian came over for dinner, and brought their adorable puppy Sophie. We made homemade pasta with vodka cream sauce and Mascapone cupcakes with strawberry glaze for dinner. Dinner was soooooo good. You have to follow the links to thre recipes...trust me it's worth it. Then we played a few games of Clue...quickly becoming a tradition with our group of friends. Today I plan to get my kitchen cabinet full of spices and baking ingredients organized...

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm amazed by people who make thier own pasta.